WHYTE OUTdelivers an all-BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color) Stand-Up, Improv, Clown, Character, Magic, Music and Sketch Comedy variety show, putting representation and humor on display Tuesday, May 17 at Dixon Place (161a Chrystie St. New York, NY 10002). Tickets available now!
Magic & Music Comedy:
– Jerry Burgos (Armory Sketch Comedy, TV’s The Blacklist, Shots4Shots, Story Pirates)
– Mariel Grullon(Diverse NY, Pass the Peppa Sauce, My Momma’s Biscuits, Rare Elementz Artist)
– Josh Nasser(Abolish Everything, Comedy Central, For the People, Vulture’s Comedian to Watch)
Character, Sketch, & Clown Comedy:
– Jonathan Ross (Nitro Girls, Remix: Diversity Sketch Lab, Western Delivery)
– Rich Kiamco(Howard Stern Show, Wendy Williams Show, USA Today)
Long-form Improv Comedy:
– Branded Silk (Aaron LaRoche, Jeff Kitt, Onyi Okoli)
– CHUCHO (Alex DaSilva, Kevin Kiernan, Patricio Machuca, Xavier Padin, Billy Soco, Melissa Ulloa)
– Cipha Sounds (Comedy Cellar, Chappelle Show, Hot 97, UCB’s Take it Personal)
– Featuring an IMPROV JAM open to anyone in the house
WHYTE OUT is produced by Xavier Padin (UCB, Magnet, Sixth Borough Comedy, WITDC, Rubbish Comedy). Xavier is a veteran comedian instructor, Rubbish Comedy Co-Founder, and creator of the Representation Program – which works to connect, cultivate, and compensate BIPOC performers.
Representation disrupts White Supremacy norms. Laughter can create profound learning and collective growth. The Representation Program delivers both laughter and representation by prioritizing marginalized groups in traditionally White spaces, creating a more Anti-Racist world.